Welcome to a special place
Writing brightens our world and we’re here to inspire you. You’ll discover ideas for living a fulfilling writing life, advice for honing the craft and opportunities for writers worldwide.
Our mission is to encourage everyone to write as we believe that…
- Everyone has a story in them — at least one — real or imagined. Any form of writing, whether publishable or private, enhances our experience of the world.
- If you write, you’re a writer whether you’ve been published or not, whether you’re at the start of your journey or you’ve spent your whole life writing.
- Everyone is creative. Children love to paint, colour, make up stories and have imaginary friends. Creativity is sometimes lost but returns when nurtured.
- Reading is the best teacher of writing. Writers who read regularly become natural storytellers. Reading widely fills the creative well and allows imagination to flow.
- Writing is not a race. No one wins by sprinting toward publication and slaving for word count alone. Enjoy writing. Have a quality experience. It’s the best bit!
- Mindfulness is wonderful. Mapping ideas and crafting words regularly with pen, paper and a present mind, is great for the creative spirit.
You’ll find us at the foot of the beautiful, Malvern Hills in Worcestershire where the air is full of literary magic which we sprinkle across our pages to create a writing retreat for you, wherever you are.
Be part of our mission to brighten the world with writing by picking up your pen today and creating something special.
Looking for inspiration to get you started?
Begin your adventure in our library.