Do you have an inspiring story about your writing journey?
We’re seeking stories about authors’ writing experiences and successes written in a way that will inspire other writers. All contributors will have the opportunity to profile themselves and highlight key publications in the course of telling their stories.
- Stories should be uplifting and encouraging. Challenges can, of course, be shared but in a way that has an impact that is positive overall.
- The narrative must be approached in a compelling way for readers and should build toward a memorable idea, lesson or thought.
- Stories should be between 500 and 750 words, just long enough to be savoured over a cup of tea or coffee.
- The content must be original and for exclusive use by our online magazine. It’s okay to repurpose an existing piece you have written but it must be significantly different and not infringe the copyright of any other publication or organisation.
You can see examples of previously-published articles in our inspiring stories section to get an idea for the wide range of topics we feature.
You’ll receive over £250 of editorial and promotional support including a beautifully-presented feature section to highlight a chosen book or anthology. Your piece will also be shared with over 130,000 social media followers and 5,000 subscribers. We don’t make cash payments for these articles because the primary aim is to elevate your profile as an author. (Details of our paid opportunities can be found here.)
Submissions are open to writers worldwide who have published at least one book/anthology (traditionally or independently) or have a book deal/contributor contract for an upcoming publication.
You must be open to editorial guidance.
HOW TO APPLY
It’s free to apply and be published if you are selected.
You only need to pitch your idea at this stage. To do this, press the ‘Apply’ button below and fill out the details on the form. You’ll be asked for:
- A short pitch (up to 100 words).
- An author bio (up to 25 words).
- Examples of your work (optional).
- Contact details.
You can submit as many pitches as you like but all articles need to be original and for exclusive publication by our online magazine.
If you have a question about the submissions process, you’ll find answers at the end of our submissions page. If you can’t find what you’re looking for there, please contact us.
- Submissions open on 15th July.
- Submissions close on 24th August.
- Confirmation of acceptance by 31st August.
There will also be further submissions windows throughout the year.
What happens next?
You’ll receive an email from us letting you know if your article has been accepted for publication or not by 31st August.
If you are accepted, we’ll let you know how you can submit your article and when. If you have an upcoming publication, we can work with you to publish your article at a time that will best support your launch campaign.
You’ll be provided with our style guide to support the writing of your piece and a contributor agreement to sign.